In this episode of the podcast, Mike and Jason react to game five of both the Jazz/Nuggets and Mavericks/Clippers series while trying to put the performances of Luka, Donovan Mitchell & Jamal Murray into perspective. They also put a bow on the three series sweeps in the Eastern Conference, including the firing of Brett Brown. It appears the Bucks and Lakers have righted the ship and are back to being the favorites to meet in the finals. Finally, they talk about the Eastern Conference Semis match-up between the Raptors and the Celtics.
What We Discuss on this NBA Episode
- Jazz/Nuggets & Mavericks/Clippers Game 5’s
- Luka’s shot
- Mitchell vs. Murray
- Dame Time is over
- What do the Sixers do?
- Bucks and Lakers…still the favorites
- Dort & Harden
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!Become a Patron!
- We’re excited to partner with Dr. Dish, the world’s best shooting machine! Mention the Hoop Heads Podcast when you place your order and get $300 off a brand new state of the art Dr. Dish Shooting Machine!
- Last year at the Jr. NBA Summit I came across an amazing company called iSport360 and its Founder Ian Goldberg. Their youth sports app gets coaches, players and parents on the same page. Your team can set goals, share player feedback, training videos, sticker rewards, player evals and practice assignments. All to foster healthy team communication and culture. iSport360 is giving away its app all season long to every team that needs a virtual way to stay connected, stay active and strong: share training videos, practice assignments, sticker rewards and teammate chat in the virtual locker room. Get your team set up here or you can request a demo for your club here.
Being without basketball right now is tough for all of us, so we’ve partnered with Pro Skills Basketball to offer you a 50% discount on their Ultimate Shooting Guide & Video Program that will put players on a guided path to becoming the best shooter they can be. With ONE YEAR’s worth of workouts that include drills, games and competitions, players will gain access to a blueprint showing them what it takes to become an elite-level shooter. If you’re looking to improve your shooting at home, this program can help. Visit hoopheadspod.com/store to check it out.
- A comprehensive 30-page e-book with tips on shooting form, body control and developing a shooter’s mentality
- A year’s worth of daily assignments
- Access to videos that explain daily assignment drills
- Email reminders helping players stay on track
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly NBA episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.