On this episode of the Hoop Heads Podcast, Mike and Jason are joined by Justin Matcham, host of Cavaliers Central, a part of the Hoop Heads Podcast Network, to discuss the return of the NBA! They discuss their big takeaways from opening weekend, the biggest surprises of the bubble so far, and if they could change something, what they would consider changing.
Throughout their conversation, they discuss the wild west and how seemingly everyone has a chance, who they would like to see end up with the 8 seed, and how much standings could change over the next week and a half. They also spend time discussing the Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76ers actual chances and upsetting the Bucks in the Eastern Conference Playoffs. They end the episode with their weekly “How likely will the NBA season finish with a legitimate champion?” segment.
What We Discuss on this NBA Episode
- Takeaways from opening weekend
- Biggest Bubble surprises
- Changes we’d like to see
- The wild battle for the 8-9 seeds in the West
- Giannis’ Fatal Flaw
- Eastern Conference Challengers
- The likelihood we get a legitimate champion come October
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!Become a Patron!
- We’re excited to partner with Dr. Dish, the world’s best shooting machine! Mention the Hoop Heads Podcast when you place your order and get $300 off a brand new state of the art Dr. Dish Shooting Machine!
- Coaches, we’ve teamed up with E3 Hoops Analytics so you can now purchase their exclusive new playbooks right from the Hoop Heads Pod website. If you’re looking for ways to improve your team next season these playbooks blend affordability with the quality content that serious coaches are looking for.
Just visit hoopheadspod.com/store in and you’ll find playbooks from
- Coach Don Showalter – USA Basketball – Continuity Ball Screen Offense with Drills – $10.00
- Coach Tyler Whitcomb – West Aviation Academy (MI) High School – Oribe Scissors Continuity Offense – $15.00
- Coach Matt Flinn – Illawarra Hawks (Australia) – $15.00
Check out these great resources at hoopheadspod.com/store
Here are three FREE Playbooks for you to download courtesy of E3 Analytics & the Hoop Heads Podcast.
- Last year at the Jr. NBA Summit I came across an amazing company called iSport360 and its Founder Ian Goldberg. Their youth sports app gets coaches, players and parents on the same page. Your team can set goals, share player feedback, training videos, sticker rewards, player evals and practice assignments. All to foster healthy team communication and culture. iSport360 is giving away its app all season long to every team that needs a virtual way to stay connected, stay active and strong: share training videos, practice assignments, sticker rewards and teammate chat in the virtual locker room. Get your team set up here or you can request a demo for your club here.
Being without basketball right now is tough for all of us, so we’ve partnered with Pro Skills Basketball to offer you a 50% discount on their Ultimate Shooting Guide & Video Program that will put players on a guided path to becoming the best shooter they can be. With ONE YEAR’s worth of workouts that include drills, games and competitions, players will gain access to a blueprint showing them what it takes to become an elite-level shooter. If you’re looking to improve your shooting at home, this program can help. Visit hoopheadspod.com/store to check it out.
- A comprehensive 30-page e-book with tips on shooting form, body control and developing a shooter’s mentality
- A year’s worth of daily assignments
- Access to videos that explain daily assignment drills
- Email reminders helping players stay on track
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly NBA episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com.