In this episode, Mike and Jason discuss the protests and events going on in the country before diving into the return of the NBA season. They discuss what it may look like, how many teams will/should be involved, and how things may go down if someone tests positive. They also talk about the implications for future NBA seasons. They finish up by discussing the Zion Williamson court case involving improper benefits and say a quick word about the passing of NBA legend, Wes Unseld.
What We Discuss on this Episode
- The opportunity for America to create meaningful change from the protests
- The 22 team NBA restart
- The challenges the league will face as it attempts to return
- What scenarios could occur when a player tests positive
- Zion’s potential testimony regarding improper benefits
- The passing of Wes Unseld
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!Become a Patron!
- We’re excited to partner with Dr. Dish, the world’s best shooting machine! Mention the Hoop Heads Podcast when you place your order and get $300 off a brand new state of the art Dr. Dish Shooting Machine!
- Coaches, we’ve teamed up with Coach Tyler Whitcomb so you can now purchase his exclusive new playbooks right from the Hoop Heads Pod website. If you’re looking for ways to improve your team next season these playbooks blend affordability with the quality content that serious coaches are looking for.
Just visit hoopheadspod.com/store in and you’ll find playbooks from
- John Calipari of Kentucky
- Leonard Hamilton from Florida State
- Mike Young of Virginia Tech
Check out these great resources at hoopheadspod.com/store
- Last year at the Jr. NBA Summit I came across an amazing company called iSport360 and its Founder Ian Goldberg. Their youth sports app gets coaches, players and parents on the same page. Your team can set goals, share player feedback, training videos, sticker rewards, player evals and practice assignments. All to foster healthy team communication and culture. If your team or club struggles to keep open lines of communication, especially among team parents, iSport360 can help. If you want to empower your athletes to have more success, more confidence and more communication with their teammates, give iSport360 a try today. Reach out to me via email email@example.com or give me a call at 216-392-4059 to learn more!
Being without basketball right now is tough for all of us, so we’ve partnered with Pro Skills Basketball to offer you a 50% discount on their Ultimate Shooting Guide & Video Program that will put players on a guided path to becoming the best shooter they can be. With ONE YEAR’s worth of workouts that include drills, games and competitions, players will gain access to a blueprint showing them what it takes to become an elite-level shooter. If you’re looking to improve your shooting at home, this program can help. Visit hoopheadspod.com/store to check it out.
- A comprehensive 30-page e-book with tips on shooting form, body control and developing a shooter’s mentality
- A year’s worth of daily assignments
- Access to videos that explain daily assignment drills
- Email reminders helping players stay on track
And if you want us to answer your questions on one of our upcoming weekly NBA episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.